High Quality Water supply from the Sea, at the Sea
Inspired by the Floating Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) concept, Hyflux's Floating Desalination Production Vessel (FDPV) is a mobile, roving resource designed to provide potable water to maritime industries, remote communities and emergency situations. With a comprehensive desalination facility onboard including Hyflux’s Kristal® ultrafiltration (UF) membrane, the FDPV vastly reduces investment required to build land based desalination plants, paving the way for cheaper desalinated water.
- Variable desalination capacities
- Mobile and highly flexible
- Comprehensive desalination process plant
- Easy and quick access to water
- Low start-up cost
- Fast construction lead time
- Less environmental impact
- Consistent, high quality permeate
Variable Desalination Capacities
An outstanding feature of the FDPV design is its capability to produce variable desalination capacities up to 30 MLD, exceeding existing smaller barge designs. This overcomes the challenge in production limits and in turn fulfils a wider range of customer’s needs of desalination on the sea.
Mobile and Highly Flexible
Ideal in times of crisis and humanitarian emergencies, the FDPV can be adroitly deployed in regions where premium land cannot be used for large industrial installation such as a land-based desalination plant. In addition, the FDPV can be moored to any location or moved on short notice.
Kristal® Ultrafiltration Advantage
Onboard the FDPV is Kristal® UF membrane that delivers consistent and high-quality product water even under challenging feed water conditions. Our award-winning Kristal® UF membrane is an effective and reliable treatment solution in industrial waste streams, water purification, water recycling and seawater desalination pre-treatment.
Emergency Water Supply
- Quick and cost efficient clean water supply to regions at risk
- Supply of large amounts of clean, potable water for military and civil defense purposes
Offshore & Remote Regions
- Clean, drinkable water for the maritime industry
- Isolated communities to gain easy access to clean, drinkable water
- A substitute to large scale on-land desalination plants