Consistent and High Water Quality with Superior Fibre Strength
Developed, tested and manufactured in Singapore, Hyflux's proprietary Kristal® ultrafiltration (UF) membrane has been installed in over 400 locations worldwide. Since its launch in 1999, the Kristal® UF membrane has been continuously upgraded through extensive research and development to meet increasingly challenging feed water conditions. Our in-house team of scientists, situated at one of Asia’s largest research center outside of Japan, have now developed a Polyethersulfone (PES) hollow fibre membrane that offers superior tensile strength that is able to produce consistently high quality of water.
- Reinforced PES material- high tensile strength
- Improved hydrophilicity
- Low fouling
- Asymmetric membrane structure, high water flux
- Consistent, high quality permeate
- Sharp rejection profile
- Long membrane lifespan
- Small footprint
Reinforced PES Membrane with High Tensile Strength
Our Kristal® UF membrane is made from reinforced PES material, achieving high levels of tensile strength that is comparable to other stronger materials, while still maintaining fibre flexibility and price competitiveness.
With improved fibre strength, Kristal® UF membrane is able to withstand high turbidity feed water while maintaining a longer membrane lifespan.
Low Fouling Rate
Kristal® UF membrane has reinforced its membrane strength and enhanced its hydrophilicity achieving a minor fouling rate thus reducing the need for frequent chemical cleaning.
Moreover, Kristal® UF membrane is operated in cross-flow recirculation mode which creates a shear force along the membrane surface. This prevents the gradual clogging of foulants and therefore reduces operational cost.
Constant, High Quality Permeate
Kristal® UF membrane is tested to effectively filter out contaminants as small as E. coli and colloid with its sharp rejection profile and small pore size. Furthermore, our Kristal® UF membrane has proven its ability to provide reliable supply of supreme quality permeate regardless of fluctuations in feed water. Kristal® UF membrane helps meet today’s stringent water quality requirements for all applications.
- Production of potable water from reservoirs, rivers, ground water
- Water purification of municipal supply for hotels, resort, spas, condominiums
- Mobile water purification systems
- Seawater desalination reverse osmosis (RO) pre-treatment
- Pre-treatment option before RO or ion exchange system in production of ultra-pure water for power plant, semiconductor , pharmaceutical industries
- Municipal wastewater reclamation
- Wastewater recycling for semiconductor, pulp and paper, textile and dye, and agricultural processes
Industrial Waste Fluid Treatment
- Treatment of various aqua-based industrial waste streams
- Recovery of valuable resources from industrial waste streams
- Regeneration of useful process streams by selective removal of contaminants