The Distinctive MBR Solution
Designed for use in MBR systems, Hyflux’s PoroCep® hollow fibre submerged membrane combines an innovative, compact design with sustained high performance efficiency that helps save energy and reduce costs throughout a wastewater plant’s lifecycle. Manufactured and assembled in Singapore, PoroCep® membranes are made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE), a non-toxic, non-leaching material with excellent tensile strength as well as strong pH and oxidation resistance. Each hollow fibre membrane is produced through environmentally friendly processes such as melt-spinning and stretching which do not use harmful chemicals.
- Enhanced hydrophilic material
- Asymmetric slit pore structure
- Consistently excellent permeate quality
- High packing density
- High packing density
- High pH and chemical tolerance
Improved Membrane Permeability and Contaminant Rejection
The slit pores of the PoroCep® membrane reject contaminants such as suspended solids and microorganisms more efficiently and are not clogged as easily as the regular circular pores. This slit pore structure is created by an exact stretching method which ensures a narrow pore size distribution. In addition, the asymmetry of the membrane gives it good permeability for high flux rates, and at the same time, high rejection efficiency.
High Packing Density
With a membrane per footprint area of approximately 835 m2/m2 for a double deck skid, PoroCep® has one of the highest membrane packing densities among submerged membranes for MBR systems today. Its greater filtration capacity and smaller tank footprint means savings on capital and operating expenditure for users. The stackable unit arrangement also allows users to mount and dismount without hassle during installation, cleaning and inspecting
Lower Rate of Membrane Fouling
Hollow fibres made of HDPE material are looped over a supporting rod and potted at the ends. They float freely when submerged in water, preventing contaminants and fibrous material from being trapped within the fibres. At the same time, a steady stream of air bubbles scour the membrane surface to keep it free from solids build-up. As a result, PoroCep® can function for extended periods of time without the need for chemical cleaning. This translates to cost savings and minimal system downtime.
Industrial Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation
- Wastewater treatment and reclamation for industries like municipal, food processing, pulp and paper, steel mills, slaughterhouse and textile
Municipal Wastewater Treatment and Reclamation
- Sewage treatment and reclamation
- Containerised MBR waste treatment plants for military use, rural communities
- Standardised wastewater treatment systems for hospitals
- Pre-treatment of high solids-loading feed water for nanofiltration, reverse osmosis, ion exchange, electrodeionisation (EDI)